I love dessert! Who doesn’t, right? I need something sweet to finish off just about every meal – a cookie (or two) after lunch, a piece of cake after dinner. But alas, I want to keep my girlish figure so sometimes I opt for a “healthy” dessert. Well, I’ve got a recipe for a super easy, protein packed dark chocolate pudding. Not only is it good for you, but it’s vegan and gluten free! It’s the perfect dessert for those of us who are dietary challenged (you can’t throw a rock in Portland without hitting someone who doesn’t have food restrictions). This pudding is rich and creamy and with the addition of coconut whipped cream it will leave you feeling completely satisfied. Stop into the shop to pick up your favorite bar of Seattle Chocolates, a little something to serve it in and then get to work!
1 Seattle Chocolates Bar in your favorite flavor
1 pack of mini mousse cups
1 pack of mini wooden spoons
1 box silken tofu (can be found in the Asian food section)
3 tablespoons powder sugar (or more depending on how sweet you want your pudding)
1 Seattle Chocolates bar melted
1 can chilled coconut cream (or a can of full fat coconut milk. The cream can be found at Trader Joes.)
3 or 4 tablespoons powder sugar
For the pudding
1. Combine the tofu and powder sugar in a blender. Blend until liquified.
2. Unwrap the chocolate bar and place it in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, heat for another 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Add the melted chocolate to the tofu mixture. Blend until combined.
4. Pour into mini mousse cups.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow the pudding to firm up.
For the coconut whipped cream
1. Place the can of coconut cream or milk in the fridge upside down. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Open the can and pour out any liquid. You only want the thick cream.
3. Place the cream into a chilled bowl.
4. With an electric mixer or using a stand mixer whip the cream.
5. Add the powder sugar and whip some more.
6. Place a dollop of cream on top of each pudding.
Add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter for added protein and flavor.
Spice things up by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon.
Use as a filling for pie and top with coconut cream.
Layer the pudding with chocolate cake and raspberries to make a delicious trifle.
Now it’s time to invite all your vegan, gluten-free friends over for dessert! Happy eating!