We are at it again with the donut pinatas! This time we’ve created a mini version that’s super simple to make! Follow the steps below to make one of your very own!
Supplies Needed: Paper plates, 3 rolls of fringe (white, pink, brown), hot glue gun, washi tape, glue stick, confetti, treats to fill pinata.
Now to put it all together!
1. Cut the brims off your paper plates.
2. Fill one paper plate with your goodies. I chose some yummy truffles from Seattle Chocolates, Annie B’s Caramels, and my favorite Blue Q gum!
3. Place 2nd paper plate on top of goody filled plate and tape shut with washi tape.
4. Cut a small piece of brown fringe and hot glue it to the center of the plate – this is the donuts hole.
5. Hot glue around the brown fringe and lay down your pink fringe – this is the frosting and should fill almost the entire top portion of the plate.
6. Glue around the pink fringe and lay down the white fringe – do not glue over the place where the two plates meet.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 on the other side of the pinata
8. Trim fringe around the pinata if you prefer. I did so it wasn’t quite as fluffy. Fringe clippings make great confetti!
9. Take your glue stick and rub it all over the pink fringe.
10. Sprinkle confetti on donut and let dry.
There you have it! Your very own mini donut pinata. Wasn’t that easy?!
Of course you can make chocolate donuts too!
And since it’s almost Valentine’s Day and we love you so much we’ve created this fun donut tag for you to attach to your pinata.